Have you had trouble making an online reservation at the host hotel (Lancaster Host Resort)? That's because they are holding ALL AVAILABLE ROOMS for us currently.
You MUST make the reservation by calling 1-800-233-0121 and mention BHCA when making reservations.
Remember that the room rate includes a full buffet breakfast and $5/day in Basset Bucks for the concession stand for EACH person in the room. Call today and make your reservation!
See you soon in Pennsylvania!
Judging programs for both the pre-Nationals specialties and the National Specialty (conformation, obedience, rally, Junior Showmanship) are posted on their respective event pages now.
Two deadlines are looming immediately! Don't miss out!
Pre-order the Nationals' Catalog! Don't be left standing with your hands empty. As in previous years, the number of un-committed catalogs available at Nationals will be VERY limited. It's just too costly to print and then have to toss them because they were not bought. Make sure you know who is in the ring by pre-ordering your catalog and paying for it online at the Nationals store. DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 1!
Purchase your logo clothing or clothing bag! While orders for some nationals logo items have closed, there are still fleece jackets and polo shirts available, and a beautiful garment bag to use for your suits and other clothing - each embroidered with this year's Nationals logo! Order them now online in the store! DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 1!
Remember - we do NOT charge any handling fee for credit card orders in the Nationals' store!
A printer-friendly version of this FAQ is available here.
The Nationals Committee has been working closely with the staff of The Lancaster Host and Resort to get ready for this year’s Nationals. The hotel has been exceedingly accommodating to be sure we have everything we need. Both the Committee and the Hotel staff are excited about what promises to be a fun filled, enjoyable week for all who attend.
The Host Hotel is under new management and is in the process of renovating portions of the hotel. The Nationals Committee has toured the hotel and met with the hotel staff regarding how these renovations might affect the 2017 Nationals. All the areas used by the BHCA will not be affected by the renovations. None of the areas currently under renovation will be used by us, nor should they affect any of our activities or guests.
Each registered guest at the Host Hotel receives a full buffet breakfast and $5 in Basset Bucks to be used towards lunch each day of their stay. Show your room key (Host hotel guests only) and get an additional 5 raffle tickets with each stretch.
MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS NOW.
Conformation / Obedience / Rally / Parade of Veterans
1. All Entries close Wednesday, September 6, 2017.
2. Premium Lists for all Conformation, Obedience & Rally Nationals Events and Specialties are available at the following two websites. NOTE: there is a separate Premium List for the Combined Specialties.
Entries can be made by mail or online as follows
3. Mail all Conformation, Obedience, Rally and Veterans Parade entries to: Cynthia Wegner, 674 Dempsey Road, Westerville, OH 43081
4. Questions regarding Conformation, Obedience, Rally and Veterans Parade entries should be directed to Cynthia Wegner: email@example.com
5. Make Checks for Conformation, Obedience, Rally and Veterans Parade Entry Fees payable to Cynthia Wegner
6. There will be Two Obedience and Rally Trials on Tuesday, October 2, 2017. It is anticipated the two trials will run sequentially. If the judging time for all the entries at both sets of trials exceeds 8 hours, it is likely there will be some overlap. When mailing paper entries, please indicate #1 and #2, esp. if entering both trials.
7. Online Conformation, Obedience, Rally and Veterans' Parade entries can be made at: http://www.k9specialt.com/Dog-Shows.html .
a. Click on this link
b. Enter information in the appropriate fields
c. Some people who were using Internet Explorer, Edge or AOL to access the show secretary’s website were having trouble checking boxes for all the events. This problem has been fixed, but if you are still having trouble, try using Google Chrome or Safari as your internet browser.
d. NOTE: - Before completing your entries, please be sure the website has properly accepted all your entries.
e. Please note there are two Obedience and Rally Trials. They are distinguished by a designation of 1 and 2.
8. Sweepstakes – Berkshire Valley BHC and the Nationals are both offering Sweeps. Entry fee for Sweeps at each show is $24/entry. Potomac BHC and Valley Forge BHC specialties are not offering Sweeps.
9. Parade of Veterans - Please use the entry form for Conformation Entries and put Parade of Veterans in the box for Class. Entries are due September 6, 2017 as Rosettes with your Veteran’s name on the streamer will be ordered. A short biography of your Veteran is due to the show chair no later than bitch judging on Thursday.
10. Locations at the Host Hotel– Obedience, Rally and Conformation will all be held inside the hotel proper. Obedience and Rally will be held in the Hotel Ballroom. Conformation will be held in the Lampeater Room off the Lobby. The Grooming area will also be in the Lampeater room with easy access to the outside and the guest rooms.
11. Scheduling of Conformation Events is dependent on the number of entries. Every effort is being made to avoid conflicts for those wishing to enter multiple events. Tentative start times are as follows but may have to be adjusted once entries close. Every effort will be made to avoid conflicts.
We're so excited that the premium lists for all events - both the National Specialty Events, and the Combined Basset Hound Specialties pre-nationals, are posted now!
National Specialty Premium List: Conformation, Obedience, Rally, Tracking, Junior Showmanship
Field Trial Premium List
Hunt Test Premium List
Basset Hound Combined Specialties Premium List
We look forward to seeing you and your dogs in Lancaster!